March 22, 23 and 24, 2023.
Engineering Tower of the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), located in Circuito Escolar, S/N, Ciudad Universitaria (C.U.), Coyoacán, Mexico City (CDMX) Postal Code 04510, Mexico.
PRELIMINARY GENERAL PROGRAM.
Wednesday March 22, 2023
PRE-CONGRESS TECHNICAL WORKSHOP: “DIRECT USES OF GEOTHERMAL ENERGY”.
This workshop will be given the day before the congress at an additional cost, in the same facilities as the Engineering Tower of the UNAM. The dynamics will include various lecturers who will be confirmed in the following circular. It will cover the current state of direct uses, their challenges and potential. The general program is as follows:
08:30 – 08:50 hours: Registration and delivery of course materials.
08:50 – 09:00: Welcome and introduction
09:00 – 13:00: Presentation of topics.
13:00 – 14:00: Lunch break served on the spot.
14:00 – 18:00: Presentation of topics.
18:00 – 18:15: Closing and delivery of attendance certificates.
Thursday March 23, 2023
08:30 – 09:30: Registration.
09:30 – 10:00: Opening ceremony.
10:00 – 14:00: Invited lectures and technical presentations.
14:00 – 15:30: Break for lunch served in the same place.
15:30 – 17:00: Presentation of technical papers.
17:00 – 17:30: Pathé Prize 2022 Award ceremony.
19:00 – 21:30: Welcome reception.
Friday March 24, 2023
08:30 – 13:30: Presentation of technical papers
13:30 – 15:00: Break for lunch served in the same place.
15:00 – 17:00: Presentation of technical papers.
17:00 – 17:15: Closing ceremony.
17:30 – 19:30: XXIX Annual General Assembly of the AGM (only members of the AGM).
PRESENTATION OF TECHNICAL WORKS:
The AGM invites all its members and the geothermal community in Mexico and abroad to submit their technical papers, under the following criteria and key dates:
1. The works must address issues related to geothermal energy.
2. Interested parties must send the title of the proposed paper, the author or authors, the company or institution in which they work and an email address, along with a summary in Spanish or English of no more than 500 words, to the Email address of the President of the AGM, Heber Didier Diez León, (firstname.lastname@example.org), with a copy to the Secretary, Héctor Miguel Aviña Jiménez (HAvinaJ@iingen.unam.mx), and to the Pro-Secretary, Ana Melva Garciadiego Martínez (email@example.com). The deadline for receiving abstracts will be Friday, January 13, 2023. The abstract will be attached as a MS Word file to the message.
3. The authors of the works selected for presentation will be notified no later than Friday, January 20, 2023. In principle, the selected works will be presented orally, each having a time of 20 minutes, including five for questions and answers, but they could be selected some for poster presentation. The presentation can be in Spanish or English.
4. The notified authors must send their full paper to the same addresses no later than Monday, February 13, 2023. The text must be included in the MS Word format issued for this purpose after the review and acceptance of the abstracts, including tables, graphs and figures. If the text is in Spanish, it must include a summary in English, and vice versa, as well as a list of key words. The work will be submitted for review by members of the AGM, who may suggest changes and modifications to the manuscript before its publication. The manuscript should not exceed 12 pages, including illustrations, tables and references. If the text is not sent in the established terms and on the dates indicated, the work could be rejected by the review committee.
5. Important, the presentations of the technical works must be sent to the same addresses no later than Monday, March 13, 2023.
6. Written proof of the works presented will be given to the main author of the same.
The general registration fee for the congress will be $2700 pesos ($135 USD).
The preferential fee for members of the Mexican Geothermal Association, AC, with 2023 membership previously paid by January 2023, will be $1600 pesos ($80 usd).
The fee for duly accredited students will be 50% of the general fee [$1350 pesos ($68 USD), as long as they have their 2023 membership previously paid; a 50% discount on membership applies, $350 pesos ($18 USD)].
In all cases, the fee includes the conference proceedings, coffee services and the welcome toast.
*Cost of the 2023 membership: $700 pesos ($35 USD), which must be covered in January 2023. Students will pay 50% of the membership [$350 pesos ($18 USD)].
Registration fee for the congress before February 13, 2023, will have a 10% discount.
Registration fee for the congress from February 13 to March 3, 2023, will have a 5% discount.
Fee for registration to the congress from March 4 and during the congress, will have the regular cost.
The cost of the PRE-CONGRESS TECHNICAL WORKSHOP will be $1,800 pesos ($90 USD) for the general public, $1,500 pesos ($75 USD) for AGM members with paid membership as of January 2023, and $800 pesos ($40 USD) for students in general.
Attendees are kindly requested to pre-register for the event in advance. To do this, a deposit must be made with your total payment to the association’s checking account:
Branch: 7812 Bosques Camelinas
Beneficiary: Mexican Geothermal Association, AC
Account Number: 65-50382990-8
Once the deposit is made, it will be appreciated to inform and send the corresponding proof of payment to the Treasurer, Mr. Gabriel Luévano García, to the emails AGMfacturacion2018@gmail.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy to the President of the AGM (email@example.com) and Pro-Treasurer, Mr. Cesar Alberto Gasga Morales (firstname.lastname@example.org), specifying the name of the participant, profession, affiliation, address, e-mail, telephone and if they are members of the AGM.
If a tax receipt is required, it must be informed in a timely manner, providing the following information: name, RFC, and tax address to which the receipt must be issued.
HOTELS IN MEXICO CITY
In the second circular, some hotels in Mexico City will be suggested, with the preferential rates that they could offer to those attending the congress and/or the pre-congress course.
SPONSORSHIPS AND STANDS
You can consult the email addresses in the following section (“MORE INFORMATION”).
For more information, please contact any of the email addresses listed below:
Heber Didier Diez León (President): email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Juan Ignacio Martínez Estrella (Vice President): email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Héctor Miguel Aviña Jiménez (Secretary): HAvinaJ@iingen.unam.mx
Gabriel Luévano García (Treasurer): email@example.com
Ana Melva Garciadiego Martínez (Pro-Secretary): firstname.lastname@example.org
Cesar Alberto Gasga Morales (Pro-Treasurer): email@example.com
Morelia, Michoacan, Mexico, December 2022
Categoría:Descargar revista Ediciones anteriores